ACCESS – The Rural Population Access to Medical Information 2008-2011
The project aims to facilitate the access of rural population to medical information through physicians, librarians, local authorities by ensuring the existence of health materials in the communes covered by the program. This study is developed in Transylvania region. The study population includes representatives of local authorities, librarians and general practitioners from all 758 communes in 12 counties (Alba, Bihor, Bistriţa, Braşov, Cluj, Covasna, Harghita, Maramureş, Mureş, Satu Mare, Sălaj, Sibiu). For 2010, the project seeks to pilot an intervention for facilitating the access of population from rural areas to health information. Consequently, 2 communes were selected out of those included in the study in 2009, in order to pilot this intervention. The activities planned for achieving the objectives are: initial needs assessment, provision of libraries with written materials from public health area, development of open courses and round tables as well as distribution of materials for an active informing process of rural population.
– to evaluate health information materials in rural areas
– to evaluate population interest regarding medical materials
– to determine the applicability of the law 334/2002
– to facilitate access of rural population in Transylvania to medical information
– to assess intervention impact on the population and administrative level
– to disseminate information
– to stimulate collaboration between physicians, librarians, mayors from rural areas to facilitate development and access to medical information base.
Coordinator: Babes-Bolyai University from Cluj-Napoca
Funder: Ministry of Education and Research – National Plan of Research and Development, „Ideas” Program, project ID_2450
Total budget: 85.167 Euro