IMPLEMENT – Specialised support for victims of violence in Health Care Systems across Europe 2014 – 2016
About the project
IMPLEMENT – Specialised support for victims of violence in Health Care Systems across Europe is a research project recently funded by the European Commission through DG Justice – Daphne III Programme. The project responds to priority 2.2.1 Support for victims of violence (SVV) of the Daphne programme by implementing capacity building in 6 European countries to strengthen the specialised support for victims of gender-based violence in emergency and obstetrical care.
The beneficiaries are women who seek emergency or obstetric care as victims of gender-based violence, and the health care professionals (doctors, nurses, midwives) who provide medical assistance.
The target groups are:
– violence prevention advocates who provide front-line assistance to victims;
– obstetric/emergency health care professionals within clinical teams who are not equipped to assist victims of gender-based violence with their specialized needs;
– health sector policy makers who are responsible for allocating the resources and institutional measures for specialised support for victims in the health care setting.
Specific objectives of the project:
Objective 1: To perform an environmental scanning and situational analysis in each of the 6 partner countries;
Objective 2: Provide 1 train-the-trainer seminar to empower 6 violence prevention advocates and 6 obstetric or emergency care professionals;
Objective 3: To promote sensitisation and advocacy initiatives at the health sector policy level to promote legal support for victims in the health care setting in the partner countries;
Objective 4: To develop and implement an effective communications and dissemination plan to ensure maximum exposure of project activities and results to key target audiences and relevant stakeholders across the EU.
Coordinator: Association of Austrian Women’s Shelters Network (Verein Autonome Österreichische Frauenhäuser, AÖF) (Austria)
Bulgarian Gender Research Foundation (Bulgaria)
Babes-Bolyai University from Cluj-Napoca (Romania) & Mures County Emergency Hospital, Emergency Unit as partners & beneficiaries for the GBV training.
GESINE Network (Kompetenzzentrum Frauen und Gesundheit NRW) (Germany)
LAMORO Development Agency (Italy)
Funder: European Commission in the field of Justice through the Daphne III Programme
Total budget: 410,728 Euro
Budget for BBU: 51,217 Euro
- Environmental scan and situational analysis in the 6 participating countries. The final report will be made available soon.
- IMPLEMENT posters (Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, France, Italy, Romania) for the health setting. The project has produced in a variety of languages posters to raise awareness of victims of gender-based violence in health settings.
- IMPLEMENT training manual (Romanian, English)
- Best Practice Example (ENG, RO): Austrian Victim Protection Teams in the Health Setting. We would like to share the best practice example of the Austrian government which established multidisciplinary victim protection teams for victims of violence in the health settings nationwide.
- Tools: Training manual on gender-based violence for health professionals adapted from the UNFPA-WAVE (Women against Violence Europe) Training Manual: Strengthening Health Systems Responses to Gender-based Violence in Eastern Europe and Central Asia:
Training manual on gender-based violence for health professionals (ENG)
Health Sector response to victims of gender-based violence (GBV) (ENG)
Manual de instruire a cadrelor medicale în adresarea violenței de gen (RO)
Instrument fundamental de referință pentru personalul medical în adresarea violenței de gen (RO)