Research activities on the student’s own research idea – if you have a specific research interest and a feasible research project idea, you can opt to conduct your own research study benefiting from mentoring and administrative support of experienced staff.
The expectations are that the students will develop and implement a 200-contact-hour research project. The Practicum Experience will provide opportunity for the student to apply knowledge and theory learned in the classroom to a professional work setting and to develop the skills needed for successful transition to the public health workforce. While in the work arena, students will adhere to the policies and procedures of Cluj School of Public Health as a regular employee. In addition, the student is expected to:
- Learn about the scope of Cluj School of Public Health and relevant stakeholders, their funding sources, their programs, as well as the community they serve
- Have a proposal approved by the mentor and local IRB (human subjects protection committee) before the official start of the practicum
- Receive guidance from the allocated mentor to clarify any expectations and/or uncertainties
- Meet regularly with the allocated mentor to discuss progress
- Perform tasks and assignments as efficiently and effectively as possible, and discuss any barriers or changes in work plans with the mentor
- Meet with the mentor prior to the end of the experience to jointly evaluate the practicum
Eligibility & requirements
To be considered for the Global Health Program, students must meet the following requirements:
- undergraduate or graduate students in health sciences or related fields
- interest in the public health field
- 18 years of age or older
- good analytical and evaluative skills
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- good organizational skills, efficiency and flexibility
- computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft products (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email software, internet searching engines, and other programs
Program fee is 2.300 U.S. Dollars/month for graduate students and 2.700 U.S. Dollars/month for undergraduate students (intensive mentoring & support from the faculty).
The fee includes housing, mentoring & support, on-site orientation and assistance throughout the application process. The fee does not include international travel, meals costs, personal effects, or incidentals.
How to apply
The applications can be submitted online continuously, between December 1st 2016 – March 31st 2017. Please send any additional inquiries to email@example.com.
The evaluation process will take place at the end of each month, the results being communicated to the students in the first week of the following month after the date of application. Students will have to confirm their participation in 2 weeks’ time after receiving the letter of acceptance, by sending an email and paying at least 10% of the program fee.
2017 Program Deadlines:
First round: Application deadline: 2016 December 31 | Results: 2017 January 5 | Confirmation: 2017 January 19
Second round: Application deadline: 2017 January 31 | Results: 2017 February 5 | Confirmation: 2017 February 19
Third round: Application deadline: 2017 February 29 | Results: 2017 March 5 | Confirmation: 2017 March 19
Fourth round: Application deadline: 2017 March 31 | Results: 2017 April 5 | Confirmation: 2017 April 19
2018 Program Deadlines:
First round: Application deadline: 2017 September 30 | Results: 2017 October 5 | Confirmation: 2017 October 19
Second round: Application deadline: 2017 October 31 | Results: 2017 November 5 | Confirmation: 2017 November 19
Third round: Application deadline: 2017 November 30 | Results: 2017 December 5 | Confirmation: 2017 December 19
Fourth round: Application deadline: 2017 December 31 | Results: 2018 January 5 | Confirmation: 2018 January 19
For more details and questions, do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org