Development of a novel Quality Management System for Use in Dental Practice
The project aims at developing and pilot-testing a Quality Management System (QMS) to be used in dental practices in Romania, adjusted to the particularities of the Romanian medical system, enhancing patient care and increasing effectiveness of dental care across the country.
The system that we propose to develop is an innovative instrument to be applied in the dental practices in Romania due to tot the fact that it fills a gap in the quality management of the dental practices in Romania. Moreover, the customization according to the specific activities which take place in a dental practice ensures its originality.
Dentists, dental care users and non-users and other stakeholders have been surveyed using both quantitative and qualitative methods. For the dental care users and non-users, 1,500 telephonic surveys have been conducted, acquiring national representativity. Focus groups have been organized with the same categories of stakeholders, to obtain more in-depth information regarding service quality and quality management knowledge and practice.
- Evaluate dentists’ knowledge, attitudes and perceptions regarding service quality and quality management in dental practice;
- Evaluate current practices of quality management in dental practices;
- Assess public and users’ attitudes, perceptions and satisfaction towards the quality of dental services;
- Develop a quality management system, customized for the activities in dental practices;
- Disseminate the results of the project.
Starting / Ending Date
Staff from Department of Public Health