Do it yourself! A participative approach to increase participation and engagement of high school students in physical education and sport classes
DIYPES project was awarded by the European Commission under Erasmus+ Sport program. The project started on the 1st of January 2017 and will last for 24 months.
DIYPES project proposes a participative approach to physical education classes’ development and employment, focused on high-school students’ expressed needs and interests. The educational objectives included in the PES classes curriculum and the overall (school) setting characteristics will be accounted for, but the PES classes will be delivered through activities that will increase the level of acceptance and enjoyment of the target group. The final goal of the project is to reach an optimal balance between effectiveness and enjoyment, positive and engaging experiences for high-school students during PES classes.
Students with diverse physical potential together with the PES teachers will be engaged in organizing the PES class structure and consider different types of activities. This approach is meant to empower students and to offer them a higher level of autonomy and also increase their accountability in regards to their own physical education-related behaviour and outcomes.
Starting / Ending Date
Staff from Department of Public Health
- The National Research Councilk, Rome, Italy – www.cnr.it
- Constantine the Philosopher University – Faculty of Education, Nitra, Slovakia – www.ukf.sk
- Sports University of Tirana, Tirana, Albania – www.ust.edu.al
- University of Southern Denmark, Esbjerg, Denmark – www.sdu.dk
- Foundation For The Promotion Of Social Inclusion Malta, Zejtun, Malta – www.fopsim.eu