The Rural Population Access to Medical Information
The project aims to facilitate the access of the rural population to medical information through physicians, librarians, local authorities by ensuring the existence of health materials in the communes covered by the program. This study is developed in the Transylvania region. The study population includes representatives of local authorities, librarians and general practitioners from all 758 communes in 12 counties (Alba, Bihor, Bistriţa, Braşov, Cluj, Covasna, Harghita, Maramureş, Mureş, Satu Mare, Sălaj, Sibiu). For 2010, the project seeks to pilot intervention for facilitating the access of population from rural areas to health information. Consequently, 2 communes were selected out of those included in the study in 2009, in order to pilot this intervention. The activities planned for achieving the objectives are initial needs assessment, provision of libraries with written materials from public health area, development of open courses and round tables as well as the distribution of materials for an active informing process of the rural population.
- to evaluate health information materials in rural areas
- to evaluate population interest regarding medical materials
- to determine the applicability of the law 334/2002
- to facilitate access of rural population in Transylvania to medical information
- to assess intervention impact on the population and administrative level
- to disseminate information
- to stimulate collaboration between physicians, librarians, mayors from rural areas to facilitate development and access to the medical information base.